Minutes Annual Meeting Tuesday 9th May 2017

Tuesday 9th May 2017 in Lyde Church

MINUTES

Present: Alan Paske, Brian Joy, Maurice Taylor

In attendance: Hazel Philpotts (parish clerk) 2 members of the public

1. Election of Chair and Vice Chair: Alan Paske elected as chairman (proposed MT seconded BJ, BJ elected vice-chair (proposed MT seconded AP)

2. Apologies for absence (received from Cllr Sally Robertson & Ward Cllr Pauline Crockett)

3. Declarations of interest and written requests for Disclosable Pecuniary Interest dispensations none

4. Consider vacancies and co-option to the parish council: carry forward to next meeting.

5. Minutes of the last meeting: considered and adopted minutes of meeting dated 10th March 2017 proposed by BJ seconded MT.

6. Public participation (see item 7)

7. Discuss email received outlining residents’ concerns in Lyde Village, particularly parking and traffic in Church Road. Parking issues discussed, residents attending the meeting will let the clerk have maps and photos of the problem area, the clerk will ask people to keep the road and pavements clear. Agenda item for next meeting to discuss the speedwatch scheme with SR and Ward Councillor Crockett. BJ will find out required distance for repeater signs of speed limit.

8. Police report clerk to circulate.

9. Planning – update on planning applications – recent application objected to still pending.

10. Highways – update on highways and potholes none available

11. Finance:

a. Considered and approved annual audit accounting statements and internal audit section
b. Considered and approved annual accounts for 2016/17 and annual audit return for submission to external auditors
c. Considered and approved annual risk assessment
d. payment of clerks salary and expenses (to include reimbursement for equipment purchased following successful grant application under the Transparency Code, laptop, software, scanner etc) £909.38, approved and cheque signed
e. Insurance renewal due on 1st June, 3rd year of three year insurance agreement £280.00 (last year’s cost £273.50) approved and cheque signed
f. Invoice from Heather Worth for internal audit services £20.00 approved and cheque signed

12. Discuss creation of website for parish council following grant funding obtained from NALC under the Transparency Act. Clerk to get quote from Eyelid Productions for simple website. Clerk to obtain cost of Antivirus software contact Adam Teasdale ACT Computing hfd 265362 07970 608198.

13. Community Led Plan Action Plan no update available other than trying to use Lyde Trumpet more to inform residents people of local initiatives, news and issues.

14. Correspondence and clerk’s update, circulated and noted.

15. Items for next agenda SR to report on updated guidelines for responding to planning consultation. Request from Pauline Crockett regarding lane from A49 to driving range see email 1st March 17

16. Date of next meeting Wednesday 9th August 2017 7pm