Minutes Annual Meeting 9th May 2016

Monday 9th May 2016 at 7.15pm in Lyde Church

Minutes

Present: Alan Paske (chair), Brian Joy (vice-chair), Sally Robertson

In attendance: Hazel Philpotts (Parish Clerk), Ward Councillor Pauline Crockett, parishioner Alan Williams

1. Election of Chair and Vice Chair: Alan Paske elected chair (proposed by SR seconded by BJ), Brian Joy elected as vice chair (proposed by SR seconded by AP)

2. Apologies for absence: Maurice Taylor

3. Declarations of interest and written requests for Disclosable Pecuniary Interest dispensations: none.

4. Consider vacancies and co-option to the parish council. Carry forward to next meeting.

5. Minutes of the last meeting 25 February 2016 considered and adopted (proposed by BJ seconded by SR).

6. Public participation: Alan Williams asked if something can be done to restrict the speed of traffic on the A49 on the stretch near the turn off into Church Road, Lower Lyde. SR and PC confirmed that meetings are to be resumed of ward councillors who have the A49 within their patches to discuss ways to make the road safer (should be 6 monthly meetings but haven’t happened since the elections in 2015). Pauline will follow up and report back.

7. Update from Ward Councillor Pauline Crockett
Appeal for the poultry units at Moreton on Lugg pending, decision expected soon.
Moreton Road passing bays, HC still discussing with Wye Valley Reclamation regarding minerals and waste, a meeting is planned for next month. Taking a long time due to HC staff shortages. Planning to arrange to meet the company to ask for assistance with reducing speeds on the Moreton Hill past the houses.

8. Police report circulated by email and noted.

9. Planning update on planning applications, The Good Life Shelwick planning permission granted with conditions.

10. Highways – update – Margaret Legg reported through Sally a lot of potholes in Lower Bewdley Bank Lane, Alan Paske will photograph for reporting.

11. Finance:

a. Consider annual accounts for 2015/16 annual audit return and risk assessment, approved and authorised the chairman to sign the audit return after the internal auditor, on condition that the internal audit is passed.
b. payment of clerks salary and expenses £161.46 approved and signed.
c. Insurance renewal due on 1st June, 2nd year of three year insurance agreement £273.75 (last year’s cost £265 increase due to Insurance Premium Tax increase from 6% to 9.5%) approved and signed.
d. Pipe & Lyde PCC £60.00 (Parish Plan use of church for meetings) approved and signed.

12. Update on proposed community litter pick, BJ SR and Margaret Legge met regarding the Community Led Plan and decided to link the litter pick with the PCC clean up of the church grounds, however the PCC wanted to keep the two events separate, therefore planning for later in the year. Possibly September (agenda item for next meeting)

13. Community Led Plan update (£447.51 received from HC). Plan completed, adopted by the PC in February and launched today. Copy will be distributed to each house in the parish including the summary of analysis and action plan. SR will thank the friends of Lyde Church for providing the refreshments at the launch tonight. BJ will make up a schedule of actions for review at each parish meeting.

14. Correspondence and clerk’s update noted

15. Items for next agenda, monitoring of Community Led Plan at every meeting.

16. Date of next meeting 28th July 7pm with a month’s notice if rearrangement required.