Thursday 9th February 2017 at 7pm in Lyde Church
Present: Alan Paske (chairman), Brian Joy (vice-chair), Sally Robertson
In attendance: Ward Councillor Pauline Crockett , parish clerk Hazel Philpotts
1. Apologies for absence: received from Maurice Taylor
2. Declarations of interest: none.
3. Consider vacancies and co-option to the parish council: SR will advertise in the Lyde Trumpet.
4. Minutes of the last meeting 17 November 2016 accepted and resolved to adopt (proposed BJ seconded by SR).
5. Public participation no public presence.
6. Update from Ward Councillor Pauline Crockett:
HC awarded £1.5m for sustainable travel access to support cycle ways and encouraging walking
City link road due to open later this year, station approach area will be under extra traffic light control two Sundays which will affect traffic.
Local rogue trader given a prison sentence following prosecution and work by HC’s Environmental Health and Trading Standards, also connected to the ‘no cold calling’ scheme to prevent vulnerable people being duped.
7. Police report (circulated previously)
8. Planning – update on recent applications noted
9. Highways – update BJ raised the following issues – closure of A49 this week due to accident at Dinmore, Highways were refusing to allow any traffic past Starting Gate so cars had to go to Canon Pyon road (A4110) and around. Clerk to email highways England to ask what the protocol is for closing the road as it is causing issues for local people in villages affected by diverted traffic.
Large hole starting to appear in road at upper Lyde at junction with A49, Brian will email a photo to clerk for reporting to Balfour Beatty (BB).
Road signs left in a heap opposite the church near clerk to arrange removal.
Bend near hither Bush has a big flood again clerk to report to BB, BJ to send clerk photos.
Lane to Upper Lyde past current flood area before farm, sides of road have eroded and there is a big drop that could damage a vehicle or cause a safety issue, BJ will send photo to clerk for reporting to BB.
10. Quarry Site at Moreton – update by Pauline Crockett (PC) following public meeting: event was well attended, a lot of questioned were put to Wye Valley whose MD attended and managed the meeting well. PC will go to HC’s Transport and Highways Dept to try to get a TRO traffic regulation order to restrict weight on the road or speed restriction to improve safety. Wye Valley will do a survey on the top three bungalows to reassure residents that their properties will not be affected by the quarries. Local concern is that although the road will be improved with passing places this will lead to increased traffic, the speed of which is already causing concern to residents especially those with young families.
a. payment of clerks salary and expenses £288.84 approved and signed
Pensions provision legal requirements have been done. Clerk below the threshold for requirement of PC to contribute. Clerk has opted not to ask PC to begin a pension scheme.
b. SR, on behalf of Griends of Lyde Church, thanked the PC for the support received.
12. Community Led Plan action plan update. Carried forward meeting for BJ and SR to highlight actions. Action has been taken taken to support Lyde Trumpet as an information point for the parish.
13. Correspondence and clerk’s update: noted. Clerk to forward on BB weekly reports to councillors
14. Items for next agenda: website legal requirement by April 2018. Grants might be available.
15. Date of next meeting 4th May 2017 to include annual meetings.