Meeting of Pipe and Lyde Parish Council Thursday 23rd August 2018 at 7pm in Lyde Church
Present: Alan Paske (chair), Brian Joy, Maurice Taylor, Sally Robertson, Ron Davies
In attendance: Ward Councillor Pauline Crockett, Hazel Philpotts (parish clerk)
- Apologies for absence: none
- Declarations of interest and written requests for Disclosable Pecuniary Interest dispensations: none
- Minutes of the last meeting (14th June 2018) accepted and adopted proposed by MT seconded by BJ
- Public participation no public presence
- Planning – updated on recent planning applications
- Bypass: update following HC’s selection of red route the most northern end of which will be in Lyde parish.
- General Data Protection Regulation: draft to be updated and circulated for approval.
- Code of Conduct: updated policy approved. .
- Discussion held on how financial support for local groups is decided and whether to introduce an application process, resolved to instruct clerk to contact local groups supported and ask that they apply in future giving details of what the funding is to be used for.
- payment of clerk’s salary and expenses £332.79 approved
- cheques signed for agreed funding to:
Lyde PCC £400.00
Lyde Trumpet £150.00
Friends of Lyde Meeting Place £200.00
- Highways – update on highways and potholes, including confirming location for agreed 3 additional grit bins clerk to confirm order to BB, Phil Pankhurst met with RD and marked the road for the locations, clerk to get put in place for winter. RD is continuing to deal with flytipping half way between the pumping station and the farm, liaising with HC enforcement officers. Clerk to report regular parking on the pavement near the top of the hill in Church Road, blocking the road for pedestrians and obscuring view for other residents exiting their properties.
- Update by Ward Councillor Pauline Crockett (attached)
- Crime prevention and property marking event Sally will let clerk know details of Friends of Lyde Meeting Place events to try to get it on the same date.
- Correspondence and clerk’s update
- Items for next agenda: budget & precept, data protection, defibrillator for parish
- Date of next meeting Thursday 29th November 2018