Pipe cum Lyde Parish Council
Wednesday 20th September 2017 at 7pm in Lyde Church
Present: Alan Paske, Sally Robertson, Maurice Taylor, Ron Davies
In attendance: Hazel Philpotts (Parish Clerk), three members of the public
- Apologies for absence received from Brian Joy.
- Declarations of interest and written requests for DPIDs:
- Minutes of the last meeting 9th August 2017 accepted and adopted (proposed by MT seconded by SR).
- Public participation members of the public in attendance were invited to give their views on planning applications during item 8.
- Update on parking and speeding issues in Church Road, carry forward to December meeting. SR will put article in Lyde Trumpet to invite local residents to the meeting. Clerk to write a letter for delivery to properties in Church Lane explaining the parish council has had a number of complaints regarding cars parking on the footpaths in several locations, and to ask residents to help ensure that footpaths are kept clear for pedestrians, wheelchairs and prams/buggies.
- Police report circulated, SR will request police attendance at the next meeting in particular to discuss the speed issue.
- Report by Herefordshire Ward Councillor Pauline Crockett, carry forward to December as unable to attend due to meeting being called at short notice.
- Planning – the PC considered responses to consultation from HC on the following applications :
- 179696 45 New Cottages, Lyde, replace existing detached garage with 2 storey garage; PC does not have any objection however it would like to see a condition be imposed that the garage should not be used as living accommodation.
- 173021 Midsummer Cottage, Lyde Cross Tree Cottages, extension and alterations, applicant and immediate neighbours attended the meeting. The neighbour and had no objection to the proposal, and actually spoke in favour of the application. The PC thought that the proposed work would retain the character of the original cottage.
- 172919 Land to west of Church House Farm, Moreton on Lugg, 64 new houses. Clerk to respond outlining concerns regarding infrastructure being sufficient to support such a development, e.g. sewerage etc. The PC noted the absence of a play area although there is a public open space, and will request that a condition be included to ensure one is created. With regard to section 106 monies the PC would like to see as much as possible to retained for use in the local vicinity to mitigate the impact on existing residents and new residents, perhaps a cycle path could be created from Moreton on Lugg to Hereford? Consideration also to be requested for the creation of two entrances into the development to minimise the impact on existing properties opposite the proposed site entrance.
- Finance: the following invoices were approved for payment:
- payment of clerk’s salary and expenses £226.20
- payment for Website creation and hosting, Eyelid Productions £500.00
- Update on new parish council website lydeparishcouncil.co.uk Parish clerk reported that the website had been set up and was being populated with the required documentation and information, minutes and agendas, financial information and links to planning applications etc.
- Correspondence and clerk’s update circulated and noted.
- Items for next agenda, budget and precept for 2018/19, speeding and parking in Church Road, code of conduct, update from HC on the roll out of faster broadband in the parish.
- Date of next meeting 7th December 2017 7pm.