Meeting on Thursday 17 November 2016 at 7pm in Lyde Church
Present: Alan Paske (chairman), Brian Joy (vice-chair), Maurice Taylor, Sally Robertson
In attendance: Pauline Crockett, Ward Member for Herefordshire Council, Hazel Philpotts Parish Clerk
1. Apologies for absence: none
2. Declarations of interest and written requests for Disclosable Pecuniary Interest dispensations: Alan Paske declared an interest in item 8b as the applicant and took no part in the discussion. Sally Robertson declared an interest in the item on the budget for a donation to Friends of Lyde Meeting Place and did not take part in discussion on this during the budget setting process.
3. Consider vacancies and co-option to the parish council. SR will put an advert into Lyde Trumpet.
4. Minutes of the last meeting 28 July 2016 considered and adopted by the PC (proposed by MT seconded SR).
5. Public participation no public presence
6. Update from Ward Councillor Pauline Crockett:
Latest cabinet meeting a decision approved to become an non-constituent member of West Midlands Combined Authority (12 local authorities, £25,000 pa cost but will give opportunities to obtain funding in excess of that amount).
Noted at cabinet spending is likely to be within budget.
Director of Childrens’ Services has resigned.
Preparing to received 60 Syrian refugees, and 25 unaccompanied children in the next 12 months.
No local issues.
7. Police report circulated previously
a. Consider and agree response to planning application 163335, proposed dwelling and garage on land adjacent to Melanden, Lyde.
The PC’s main concern regarding this application is the danger to vehicles entering and exiting the site, and would ask the planning authority, if they approve the application, for a condition be included that land on the site be given to improving the visibility splay of the un-adopted lane, or the hedge be removed and replaced with railings which would improve visibility. Removal of existing trees at this junction would improve safety and could save a life. The proposed development is on a very busy and dangerous stretch of the A49. Limiting the proposed dwelling to a single storey commensurate with the adjacent bungalow would be in keeping with the area.
b. Consider and agree response to planning application 163402, proposed agricultural storage building at Upper Lyde Farm. No objection.
a. update on highways and potholes: Largest potholes at Upper Lyde have been filled, smaller ones cannot be repaired until they get bigger!
a. Budget considered for 2017/18 and precept set at £2,800.00
b. payment of clerks salary and expenses £239.49 approved
c. payment to PCC for use of Church for meetings and donation £300.00 pproved
d. donation to Friends of Lyde Meeting Place £200.00 approved
e. Lyde Trumpet contribution £50.00 approved
11. Community Led Plan action plan update: action taken to financially support Lyde Trumpet as a communication tool for the parish. SR and BJ will meet to review the action plan to highlight items for progression or review, agenda item for next meeting.
12. Correspondence and clerk’s update circulated and noted.
13. Items for next agenda action plan.
14. Date of next meeting 9th February 2017 7pm